Butternut Squash and Thyme Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves plus more for serving (rosemary can also be used)
- optional: Greek yogurt sour cream, or cashew cream for serving
In a large pot, saute onion in olive oil until browned and softened.
Add the garlic, stir until fragrant (about one minute).
Add the squash, broth, and salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a boil, and simmer for 20-30 minutes (or until squash is tender).
Stir in the thyme.
Mash with a potato masher.
Serve garnished with extra thyme and Greek yogurt, sour cream, or cashew cream (if desired)