Butternut Squash and Thyme Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves plus more for serving (rosemary can also be used)
- optional: Greek yogurt sour cream, or cashew cream for serving
- In a large pot, saute onion in olive oil until browned and softened.
- Add the garlic, stir until fragrant (about one minute).
- Add the squash, broth, and salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a boil, and simmer for 20-30 minutes (or until squash is tender).
- Stir in the thyme.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Serve garnished with extra thyme and Greek yogurt, sour cream, or cashew cream (if desired)