Brussels Sprout Salad
For the salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts then cut them in half lengthwise. Thinly slice each Brussels sprout crosswise to cut into shreds.
Place the shredded Brussels sprouts in a bowl along with the apple, feta cheese, pecans, pomegranate arils and bacon.
Place the shallot, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pepper in a jar. Shake to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine, then serve.
Source recipes and image credit