Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seed Meal and 3 Tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter
- 2/3 cup sugar, organic
- 1 cup banana, its okay if it is a little bit more or a little bit less
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, defrosted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, defrosted
Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
Mix the flax seed meal and water together and set aside to thicken.
In a large bowl, with a Hand Mixer, cream the vegan butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. This takes about 5 minutes.
Stir in the flax seed ‘egg’ mixture and mashed banana.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until it is just blended. Do not over mix.
Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
Pour into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let set for about 10 minutes.
Turn out on a rack and let cool completely.
Store as you would bread.