Black Walnut Pear Bread
- 1/2 cup orange juice – or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pears – grated (about 2 )
- 2 egg substitutes
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter – melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts – chopped chunky
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl add the fruit juice and the yeast.
- Let set 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, stir and let set another 5 minutes.
- Add in the grated pears, vegan eggs, vegan butter, vanilla and walnuts.
- Stir to blend.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean it is done.
- Remove from the pan and let col on a wire rack.