Black Walnut Pear Bread
- 1/2 cup orange juice – or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pears – grated (about 2 )
- 2 egg substitutes
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter – melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts – chopped chunky
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Lightly grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
In a large bowl add the fruit juice and the yeast.
Let set 5 minutes.
Add the maple syrup, stir and let set another 5 minutes.
Add in the grated pears, vegan eggs, vegan butter, vanilla and walnuts.
Stir to blend.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour into the greased loaf pan.
Cover and let rise 1 hour.
Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
Stick a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean it is done.
Remove from the pan and let col on a wire rack.