Black Cherry Banana Cake
- 1 egg substitute – I use a chia egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar – organic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 ounces black cherry non dairy yogurt alternative
- 3 tablespoons dairy free milk of your choice
- 1 banana mashed which equals about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lightly grease a 9″ square baking pan.
Mix your non dairy egg according to package directions. I use a chia egg which is 1 Tablespoon chia flour and 3 Tablespoons water. To make the flour you need to grind chia seeds to a fine meal. The flour keeps perfectly in the freezer for future use.
In a large bowl add the flours, sugar, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
In a medium bowl add the prepared non dairy egg, Black Cherry Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, non dairy milk, mashed banana, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared 9″ baking pan. Spread smoothly.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Cool the cake in the pan for about 10 minutes and then remove to a rack to cook completely.
Cut into squares to enjoy!