The Best Sloppy Joes Ever!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brown beef with onions and peppers in a large skillet.
Drain well and return to skillet.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve on your favorite sandwich roll.
Versatility in my recipes are the key to keeping my family interested. So try these handy tips:
- Spice it up: Try putting a little hot sauce and some jalapeno peppers into the wimpie for a spicy twist.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and you can freeze half or serve to the team, church group or family reunion.
- Sneak in other Vegetables: If you have a hard time getting your kids to eat their veggies, try sneaking in some finely chopped vegetables to your sloppy joes. They will never know!
- Serve Over Rice: If you are gluten free, serve over rice, rice cauliflower or even mashed potatoes to make a hearty meal.