The Best Sloppy Joes Ever!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown beef with onions and peppers in a large skillet.
- Drain well and return to skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite sandwich roll.
Versatility in my recipes are the key to keeping my family interested. So try these handy tips:
- Spice it up: Try putting a little hot sauce and some jalapeno peppers into the wimpie for a spicy twist.
- This Recipe Can be Doubled: This is a great recipe for a crowd. Simply increase the ingredients proportionately and you can freeze half or serve to the team, church group or family reunion.
- Sneak in other Vegetables: If you have a hard time getting your kids to eat their veggies, try sneaking in some finely chopped vegetables to your sloppy joes. They will never know!
- Serve Over Rice: If you are gluten free, serve over rice, rice cauliflower or even mashed potatoes to make a hearty meal.