- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs cooked beets cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese crumbled
- pecans chopped
- Wash and trim the beets.
- Place in a large saucepan, cover with water. Cook the beets over medium heat until a fork reaches the center of the beets easily but you still have a firm and not mushy beet. You may have to add water to the pan during the cooking process.
- Cool the beets and remove the skins. Slice the beets into 1/4 inch thick sticks.
- In a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients except the olive oil. Whisk the ingredients to incorporate. Add the olive oil in a steady stream to the bowl while you whisk.
Place the beats strips in a large bowl, drizzle the dressing over top, toss to combine. Serve on a plate garnished with greens if desired. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and pecans. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.