Baked Ham, Egg, and Red Pepper Stacks
- This is what you would need to make two stacks, multiply as needed for more.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4-6 slices of deli ham (I adore the Boars Head Tavern Ham)
- 1/4 of a whole red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 cup shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spay, lay two tortillas down, top with peppers, ham, and cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas,carefully crack egg over top (**see notes)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Mine were perfect at 12, but I would start checking at the ten minute mark.
- Enjoy with salsa, sour cream and avocado!
- **Make sure your tortillas are completely flat before cracking the egg over the top, or it will slide right off. There are two ways to prevent the egg from sliding. Place the toppings on the outer edges on the tortilla creating a “well” then top it with the second tortilla and place the egg in the indiction, or well that you created.
- Alternatively, you can make sure your topping are evenly distributed and mash the top tortilla with your hand to ensure a flat surface.
- Lastly, gently and carefully place these in the oven to prevent the egg from sliding.