Baked Broccoli Cauliflower Tots and Creamy Chive Dip
- 1 cup chopped broccoli , save the stems for baked sticks or rounds
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower , save the stems for baked sticks or rounds
- ½ cup potato , about 1 medium peeled potato
- ½ cup white beans
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Creamy Chive Dip:
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 205 C
Boil potato for about 6-8 minutes, until just able to put fork in it. Blanch broccoli and cauliflower by dropping them in the boiling water for about a minute.
You could also cook the potato in the microwave, and blanch the broccoli and cauliflower. Or cook them all in the microwave. See notes for instructions on using frozen veggies.
While this is cooking, cut the stems of the cauliflower and broccoli into sticks or rounds. Mix with a drizzle of olive oil, dash of sea salt and black pepper. Put on a parchment lined cookie sheet and set aside.
Strain the potato, broccoli and cauliflower and put in a food processor with the other ingredients.
- Pulse until mixture is crumbly and sticks together.
- Form into tot shapes. I used about a heaping tablespoon for each.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are browning.
- Also put the cookie sheet with the stems in the oven at the same time. Bake these for about 20 minutes, or until you get the texture you like.
- While baking, make the dip by putting all ingredients except the chives into a blender and blending until nice and smooth. Add in the chives and pulse to incorporate.
- When the tots and stems are done. Serve with the dip!