Bacon Caprese Salad
- 6 large ripe tomatoes cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 16 leaves basil
- 8 slices of cooked Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon cooked and cut in half crosswise
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 cups of arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Place the arugula onto a platter. Place rows of tomato slices on the platter. Tuck slices of cheese, bacon, avocado and basil leaves in between the tomato slices.
In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil; season generously with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the tomato mixture and serve immediately.