APPLE ROSE CINNAMON CUPS
- 2 apples, Red Delicious recommended
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, optional
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the apple halves lengthwise to 1/8-inch thick pieces.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add apple slices and lemon juice, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter together. Then add to the apple slices, stirring to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until the apple slices are pliable. Strain out any accumulated liquid.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Open the cinnamon roll package and unroll the dough.
- Place one cinnamon roll in each muffin cup.
- Slide apple slices along the cinnamon roll spiral, peel side facing up to make a rose petal look. Repeat for remaining muffin cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffy and golden. Dust with optional powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!