APPLE ROSE CINNAMON CUPS
- 2 apples, Red Delicious recommended
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon roll dough
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, optional
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the apple halves lengthwise to 1/8-inch thick pieces.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add apple slices and lemon juice, mixing well.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and melted butter together. Then add to the apple slices, stirring to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until the apple slices are pliable. Strain out any accumulated liquid.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
Open the cinnamon roll package and unroll the dough.
Place one cinnamon roll in each muffin cup.
Slide apple slices along the cinnamon roll spiral, peel side facing up to make a rose petal look. Repeat for remaining muffin cups.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffy and golden. Dust with optional powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!