Andouille Sausage with Red Beans and Rice
- 1 pound Andouille Sausage, sliced (Johnsonville Andouille Sausage is gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of rotel
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven with a lid to medium heat. Lightly spray pot with cooking spray and place sliced sausage in skillet.
- Cook sausage for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add olive oil, chopped onion, peppers and garlic and let cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add drained and rinsed beans, undrained rotel.
- Add spices, broth and bay leaves (if using)
- Bring mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- 15 minutes before serving add in the rice, stir well and cover.
- Stir well and fluff rice.
- (Alternatively, you can put this in the crock pot and let simmer on low all day)