Ahi Tuna Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 pound ahi tuna cooked to rare in the middle and thinly sliced
- 6 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 cup of red or yellow bell pepper , seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cucumber “noodles” made with a spiralizer tool or thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 cups carrot “noodles” made with a spiralizer tool or thinly shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 avocado , thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar or resealable container. Shake vigorously to combine. Store in the refrigerator until ready for use.
For the salad: Place the greens in a large bowl; drizzle with half of the dressing.
Arrange the ahi tuna, bell peppers, avocado, cucumber, carrot and wonton strips on top of the lettuce; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and serve immediately.