5-Ingredient Apple Pie Roses
- 2 Fuji apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 pie crusts (I used Pillsbury)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Put sliced apples in a large bowl. Add in water, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Use tongs or hands to combine well.
- Place in the microwave and heat up for 2-3 minutes, or until apples are soft and pliable.
- Cut strips from the pie crust that are about 2 inches in width and 6 inches in length.
- Brush each strip with coconut oil.
- Place apple slices on the top of the strips of crust, overlapping each other (this is what forms the rose look).
- Fold the bottom half of the crust up to cover the bottom half of the apple slices.
- Paint one more time over the crust with coconut oil.
- Take the left side and begin rolling inward. It’s okay if it breaks a little, but be as gentle as you can.
- Place each rose into muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.