20 Minute Light Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon chill sauce such as sambal oelek or sriracha
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until cooked through, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Add the red pepper and pineapple and cook until just tender but still crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mixture of the honey, vinegar, ketchup, chill sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger and the mixture of the water and the corn starch, toss to coat and cook until the sauce thickens, about a minute.
- Remove from heat, mix in the sesame oil and serve garnished with sliced green onions.
Option: Replace the chicken with pork.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 320, Fat 8g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 552mg, Carbs 25g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 34g