20 Minute Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Rice
- 1 pound of shelled, deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from one lime
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- In a medium size bowl combine shrimp with Old Bay, cumin, garlic powder, minced garlic, lime juice and zest. Toss mixture so shrimp is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high. Bring two cups of water and the cup of salsa verde to a nice simmer. Add one cup of rice, cover and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10 minutes.
- After rice has cooked for ten minutes most liquid should be absorbed and rice should be puffed. (close to done, but not totally tender yet) Stir mixture well and add shrimp to rice. Cover and let simmer 5-7 minutes until shrimp is pink.
- Garnish with cilantro, fresh lime zest and juice. Serve with all your favorite Mexican fixings!
- Just a Tip: Don’t forget to grab some extra limes to squeeze over the top of your tacos, it really makes the dish!